Tough Guy Book Club was started by a couple of guys just like you. Guys who wanted to read more and connect a bit more with their community. Guys with something to say and not always the place to say it. We have chapters all over Australia where we first started, and have begun our invasion of the USA, the UK, and NZ. Our volunteer officers are the lifeblood of our chapters. Helping to run our monthly meet-ups as well as greasing the wheels behind the scenes that keep club working.
If you are interested in stepping up to become an officer or start something new - the next chapter begins here. That's how we do this, you just tell us where you are and we'll come make it happen.
Becoming an Officer
Stepping up to become an officer at a current TGBC chapter is a commendable feat. But it's not for everyone. We rely on our officers to get shit done and make this club work by volunteering a few hours each month and attending our Officers Bootcamp. If you are thinking about becoming an officer, here's what you need to do.
- If you haven't already - speak with your chapter's President about what it's like to be an officer with TGBC.
- Look back on the last year of chapter meets, have you been available to attend them all?
- Still game - complete this QUESTIONNAIRE and hang tight.
Starting a New TGBC Chapter
So you think your town needs a Tough Guy Book Club chapter? That’s good because that’s how we grow, but we take opening new chapters very seriously and are picky about who we take on board to run them. If there's not a chapter in your area and you think you have what it takes to run one then do these 3 things:
- Read the About Us & Books pages on this site to make sure this club is what you think it is.
- Read the Find Us page on this site to make sure there isn't one near your house already.
- Follow us on THIS GROUP to see if we get along.
- If you've done that and want to move ahead, then fill out this QUESTIONNAIRE.
We'll be in touch.